Before deleting your mailbox, if you need the emails stored in it, you need to backup the contents of your mailbox locally on your computer. The best way to do this is to connect to your mailbox via IMAP and copy the emails and mail folders from the IMAP mail folders to the local mail folders of your mail client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.).
The IMAP settings to be configured on your local mail client are the following:
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.openxchange.eu
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.openxchange.eu
We recommend you use the following ports and encryption methods to connect to the mail servers:
IMAP: 993 SSL
SMTP: 587 TLS
To delete your mailbox, please follow the steps below:
1. In your EuroDNS account, go to PRODUCTS > EMAIL
2. In the list of domains, click on the "View" icon to the right of the concerned domain and then on MANAGE to the right of the concerned mailbox.
3. Go to the bottom of the page and click on "Delete this email account"
4. Confirm by clicking on YES in the pop-up
IMPORTANT: Please note that deleting your mailbox affects all data associated with that account and any services you use will be irrevocably erased.